Sunday, May 19, 2013

Freezing in Windows Motherboard or CPU Problem solutions.

A couple of months ago I had my computer repaired at a local shop, who replaced my motherboard and CPU. After that it hasn't been working quite as intended. The computer starts up just fine, but after between 1-20 minutes in Windows 7 it freezes completely. There is no error message, it just locks up and I have to shut it down using the power button on the front. If there is any sound playing at the same time I can hear that looping at a very high frequency (basically just a high pitch noise). The system does not seem to be overheating, temperatures are around 35c according to HW Monitor.

By using components from my friends' computers to test I've been able to determine that it is either the motherboard or CPU causing it. Problem is, the shop that sold me the components has since gone out of business, so I can't go back to them asking for a refund.

Does anybody here on Tom's know of a way to fix my PC that doesn't involve RMA'ing the hardware directly with Foxconn and Intel?

All drivers for computer:
- MB: Foxconn FlamingBlade GTI
- CPU: Intel i7-920
- Memory: 2x2GB A-DATA DDR3
- PSU: Corsair TX650W
- HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F1 640GB
- Corsair H50 Water cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment